Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just Woke Up

So, I just woke up from a little power-nap. And I have to say it sucks. Perhaps it's just the idea of being responsible, but I absolutely hate waking up from a great sleep...only to realize that I have to get ready to go to work. Bleh.

Maybe it's just Target. Because I don't usually wake up and think "Ugh...I have to go to school..." or "...ugh...I have to get a cup of milk for the baby..." Any other kind of responsibility or obligation, or anything really, I don't mind. It's just Target. I'm just so tired of working at a job where I do the same thing every day, get paid sh*t money, and come home too exhausted to play with my children.

I mean, if I was at least getting paid around $10/hour then that might actually be a reason to stay, but as it is I get paid less than $8/hour which is barely enough to pay the few bills I really have, let alone set aside to save up for my children.

I hate it.

But I recently applied to a few places, including my school Book Store (which pays $10/hour and it wouldn't interfere with my classes--boast). I haven't heard anything back yet and it's so disappointing. All I'm trying to do is hang on until I can find something better, but between disappointing job-satisfaction (or lack-there-of) and the bad pay it's getting harder and harder to do the "responsible" thing and get my butt in gear to get ready and go in almost every day.

If it weren't for some of my kids and a few of my co-workers, I would have bailed long ago. Oh, well. Off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment