Monday, January 16, 2012

I Hate Being Sick

So, last night my mother went to the hospital. While I was at work, I realized that my phone was going off in my back pocket. I check it, and my mother has been blowing up my phone. So, I go to call back and my father answers the phone saying, "Everything is okay, the emergency people are here and taking Mom to the hospital." Well, I immediately freak out, of course, leave work and get to the Hospital to see my mother all plugged up to machines and things like that. Of course, I immediately believe that my mother is dying, but somehow manage to keep from crying--I honestly believe it was an act of God, because I was seriously about ready to lose it. My mother was eventually placed in her room, by which time she was apparently feeling better. Bottom line, she had a serious panic attack that she thought was a heart attack, coupled with a serious intestinal viral infection and back-spazms. Not fun for my Mom, but she's okay and was able to come home last night which was great.

But then I, who have been feeling slightly under the weather, wake up this morning and I can't breathe, I can barely talk, I'm coughing up gross stuff and my head feels like it's going to explode. So, as it is, I have called out of work so that I can help my mom get back on her feet, meanwhile I feel like crap.

I'm laying on my couch, trying to fall asleep but I feel so bad and the backs of my eyes hurt so bad that I can't keep them closed for any length of time. Seriously, I feel like my nose is about to explode off of my face. At least then it wouldn't hurt so much.

In any case, I've been getting into shape. Sort of. Right now, my primary goal is to lose all of this extra weight that I've gained by being lazy. I've been at it for three weeks and I've already lost roughly eight pounds--which is kind of interesting. Basically, I've really just been watching what I eat and working out. I also have this great little tool on my phone called "Noom". It helps a lot and it allows me to log what I eat, set small goals for myself, track my weight and work-out patterns. It's pretty nifty. I'm looking to drop back down to my goal weight of 140...which means I have a lot of time to go, but will post it up as I pass certain milestones.

Ah, well. Time to pass out. I'm exhausted and feel like poop. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment